Sunday, November 29, 2009

And Jason Loo shares...

My brothers and sisters in Christ,

I want to share with you two parts of my life that has been life changing. Nothing more, just two parts.

The first started back in 2004. It was a bad year for me. I had a hard time coping with college, the people and the work that came with it. The change was so drastic for me that before I could stand up to what it had to offer, I fell again and again. I desperately needed help, and by the grace of the Lord, my cousin Richard and good friend Aaron were there to lift me back on my two feet.

This was when Richard introduced me to Lifeline. I had a chance to meet new people and at the same time, find my faith among them. Truth be told, I was brought up a Catholic not really knowing what it truly meant till the day I joined Lifeline. I’ve learnt so much from scripture and in those who keep to their faith that, it has been a journey and an experience unlike any other. For this, I am thankful to many who have nurtured me along the way, your guidance has been nothing but incredible and I thank you for that. Being a realist, I find it difficult at times to hold on to a faith that clashes with our free will to choose. But time and time again, I have realised that the Lord indeed listens to our prayers if we have the time to set aside part of our lives for Him.

The second has to do with loss. I lost someone close to me in 2005, and it was the single most terrifying moment I had to go through. She had a great future ahead of her, yet life had to take its course too early before I could say my goodbyes. Four years on, I still do not understand why the Lord had to take her away, but I have taken it as an important lesson in life. Rest assured I take comfort in knowing that she has gone to a better place, somewhere I hope that I could go to when my time is up.

Before I end, let me share with you a passage from scripture:

“We can be confident that He will listen to us whenever we ask Him for anything in line with His will. And if we know He is listening when we make our requests, we can be sure that He will give us what we ask for.”
1 John 5:14-15

Have faith in the Lord and with the power of prayer, we can be sure He will be there to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment