Thursday, July 16, 2009

Knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door

I'm sure you guys are well aware of what is happening in the case of our Catholic Paper, Herald. Let's continue to be reminded to pray and fast in vigilance for justice.

Here Father Simon Yong is imploring us to support:

Dear Parishioners

I am sorry this is coming out late. The last couple of days have been taken up by Fr OC's medical condition and over the weekend, we were busy with the Family Day celebration etc. Despite our "busyness", there is at the back of my mind an important issue which I am sure is very close to the heart of Fr OC. I am happy to report that he is on the mend and for that we thank God. I must take this opportunity to thank you all for your love and support at our hour of need when you came to pray that the operation for Fr OC would be successful. The crowd that showed up on Wednesday (8th July) was bigger than our usual Sunday 6:45am crowd. When I first saw Fr OC, I whispered into his ear to tell that that "it is not true that a prophet is not accepted in his own country". [He was sedated but he could hear what I had said. I asked him after he regained his consciousness if he had heard me, the answer was affirmative] .

With Fr OC on the mend, let me now put before you the matter which is important to us all.

Herald is the only weekly voice of the Church in Peninsular Malaysia and is in danger of being silence. According to Fr Lawrence Andrew, on Friday 17th July, the High Court will hear the application of 8 Majlis Islam and others to be co-respondents. If they come in, then the case will be disrupted, similar to the way of the "dead body" snatching sandiwara. What we need is "prayer and fasting" to reject their application to be co-respondents.

We are at a historical moment where the rhetoric of a Malaysia that is multi-religious must not remain mere words but must in reality be seen to be so. Therefore, I am calling again on heaven to help us. God can do immeasurably more than we can and our trust is in God our Lord.

This Friday 17th, Mass will begin as usual at 6:15am. After Mass, we will keep vigil before the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. This time we will use Arrupe Chapel and this vigil will continue until before the evening Mass at 5:45pm.
And because fasting is asked for, there will not be our usual refreshment provided. Instead, water and some biscuits for those who cannot fast, will be provided. The tenor of the day will be prayer and fasting.

Counting on your support.
God bless
Padre

No comments:

Post a Comment