Monday, August 10, 2009

GOD ALWAYS LISTENS, COMMUNICATES, AND ANSWERS PRAYERS!!

Yuliana Halim herewith share her testimony at the greatness of our Lord. :D

In the past week, I’ve been working part time at a place nearby St Ignatius Church. At first, I was glad that I can spend time at church after working hours but it never happened until the last day because there was always something on when I want to go to church.

Recently I feel frustrated about my future but beforehand I really praised God that I can graduate on time. Reason being, I’m now jobless and not knowing where I should belong to. I started complaining how tiresome it was and it’s starting to take a toll on me.

So on the last day of work, 5th August 2009 I decided to go to church. However I was late for Mass. I felt sad but because I really needed time to be alone to talk to God in His house, I decided to pray at the Grotto, venting my frustrations at Mother Mary about my fears, confusion and desperation. After 10 minutes of prayer, everyone was coming out from Mass and I moved inside. As I walked in, I saw a woman kneeling in front of the Blessed Sacrament. At first I thought there was a confession session going on because I saw her with a man talking seriously. As I started to pray, a girl’s scream emanated the entire hall. I looked for the source of scream and found the woman and man I saw earlier was actually praying for the girl which was being possessed. I felt scared and stopped praying for myself instead I started to pray for her. It took some time for the bad spirit to come out. The scariest part is when the girl could suddenly scream so loud and shout “Shut up”. I can’t speak in tongues or sing the Holy Spirit song so I just kept on praying Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be constantly. And at the same time asking God why He kept the girl suffering when all the while I knew He was there but just not helping her straightaway. After a while, the girl finally was able to calm down and stood up straight. They were praising God because the demon had come out. I felt good and excited from afar because I somehow participated in “helping” exorcising the evil spirit from an unknown person.

It was time to go home so I walked to Kelana Jaya LRT station all the time thinking and reflecting. I felt all my prayers were answered. Incidentally, I remembered the night before as I was reading the daily reading which was about a woman asking God to help her daughter who has been possessed. God rejected at first but because of her great faith, God was moved. When I read that, I asked myself why God refused to help her the first time she asked. I kept wondering and fell asleep. In witnessing what just happened, I felt God was saying that He did not reject to help the woman, instead wanted to see how great a faith you have in Him. I realized a few things and would like to share are:
  1. Whenever I feel God didn’t hear my frustrations about my future, what He was trying to say is, “Woman, why do you have such little faith and doubt me. I have prepared a great future for you and would bring you no harm as your Heavenly Father.” In the same instance as the Bible reading, He asks us to constantly have Faith in Him which also ties in with the possessed girl at church. Although it took some time to get the demon out, I felt that God wanted us to pray to Him and have Faith in Him that He will cure her.
  2. In the end, I ended up praying for someone else instead of praying for myself. It’s like a reminder, “Hey Yuli, your problem is nothing compared to someone else who has a bigger problem and needs your intercession.”
  3. He is present everywhere and always listens to our prayer. On the way back home, I praised God for that day and while waiting for the bus I said a simple prayer. From afar I saw a bus coming, and ended my prayer saying that if God really hear all my prayer then let that bus be my bus and He did it. That really was my bus. I really do feel the joy that words cannot describe. Don’t take it as a test from God but instead knowing that His presence is everywhere.
Last but not least, He hears you, answers your prayers and has counted every tear that drops from you.

Amen.

1 comment: